574 Valley Street
Maplewood Township, NJ 07040
(973) 762-8120 ext. 3200
Paul Kittner, P.E., P.P., C.M.E.
(973) 762-1175 ext. 1113
Anticipated Schedule for Road Upgrades
As part of our effort to maintain the streets in the Township, the Engineering Department undertakes projects every year to work on various roads. These improvements generally consist of new handicap ramps at the intersection of the streets and providing a new pavement surface on the road. The work does not include new sidewalks and curbing along the streets, except where necessary for drainage issues.
Below is our anticipated schedule for road improvement. This list is based upon a road improvement program that was done in 2007, which ranked the streets in the Township based upon the conditions at the time, and modified to anticipate future budgets. This list is also based upon field inspections where the condition of the pavement and traffic volume are evaluated. We review and modify this list yearly based upon the condition of the streets, so the below is subject to change.
- South Pierson Road (Valley Street to Springfield Avenue)
- North Terrace (Parker Avenue to Oakland Road)
- Vermont Avenue (Springfield Avenue to Burnett Avenue)
- Baker Street (Ridgewood Road to Maplewood Avenue)
- Fernwood Road (Parker Avenue to Woodside Road)
- Berkshire Road (Union Avenue to Burroughs Way)
- Burroughs Way (Berkshire Road to Parker Avenue)
- Oakland Road & Oakland Terrace (Lancaster Avenue to 165 ft. east of Burnett Terrace)
- Springfield Avenue (Median reconstruction)
- Arcularius Terrace (Ridgewood Road to Headley Terrace)
- Crowell Place (Valley Street to Kensington Terrace)
- Hudson Avenue (Parker Avenue to Woodside Road)
- Brook Lane (off Durand Road)
- Kendall Avenue (Jefferson Avenue to municipal boundary)
- Jacoby Street (Springfield Avenue to Schaeffer Road)
- 44th Street (Chancellor Avenue to Jacoby Street)